If you’ve followed this blog for a while, you have a good idea of my struggles on the marten trapline in recent years. This year I got the chance to put our a marten line earlier in the season, and got 25 sets out in new country that looked to be good marten habitat, but I’d never trapped there before.
On Thursday, I checked the line for the first time. The sets yielded two marten and a weasel. It wasn’t the best check in the world, but was enough success to allow me to celebrate the break in my marten trapping drought, and keep running the line with enthusiasm. Hopefully this is good news for the marten line moving forward!